There’s been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor about the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in several countries. Absinthe, also called the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, has only been legal in America since 2007, and simply certain brands could be sold, so there is certainly much absinthe spoons curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit which has been created for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It shot to popularity in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in reputation in France.
Absinthe is usually created from a wine base and it’s flavored with herbs. Its primary herbal ingredients are common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), that gives Absinthe its name and its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs utilized in the production of Absinthe include hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous types of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and ingested by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also referred to as La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are common Absinthes but this term describes “Absinths” that happen to be actually wormwood bitters and don’t have an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe that has a sweeter flavor because it’s made out of Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red color as a result of additional ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can purchase many kinds and designs of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics which are based on vintage Absinthes but have a very modern twist.
As well as buying these various kinds of Absinthe beverages, you can also make your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences into the Absinthe industry and also to consumers. They make 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a powerful essence that produces an Absinthe with a more powerful bitter wormwood flavor, as well as an orange distinctive flavored essence that’s flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are made using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you don’t have to worry about distilling, simply order online and then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own personal wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink, up to 75% alcohol by volume, and is much superior than whisky or vodka. Care should be taken when taking in such a strong spirit especially if it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very simple to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are lots of myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it has a very colorful and intriguing history and is a attractive beverage to relish.