There are numerous modern Absinthe classics available to buy. These Absinthes are premium Absinthes that are modeled on the vintage Absinthes, the Green Fairy, from the 18th and 19th centuries. Modern distillers use recipes from history or they’ve already analyzed vintage Absinthes to make certain that they utilize the correct herbs and quantities.
Real Absinthe contains Artemisia Absinthium, common wormwood, containing the compound thujone, together with other herbs and essential oils which result in the drink to louche when water is put in.
Here are some modern Absinthe classics:-
– Saint George Spirits make an Absinthe which is made from brandy and herbs such as wormwood, star anise, fennel, lemon balm, tarragon, mint, hyssop, basil, meadowsweet and nettles. Their Absinthe is termed “St George Spirits Absinthe Verte” – a green Absinthe which happens to be legal in the USA.
– The Jade Absinthe Collection from the Combier distillery in Saumur, France – Ted Breaux from New Orleans, USA, has progressed this assortment of vintage style Absinthes by testing and analyzing bottles of real vintage Absinthe. The combier distillery uses 19th century alambics rescued from the Pernod Fils distillery to create http://absinthepostershop.com these Absinthes. The Jade collection includes a vintage Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a green Swiss style Absinthe, a clear La Bleue style Absinthe, a New Orleans style Absinthe and an Edouard Pernod inspired Absinthe. These Absinthes are typically handcrafted and have absolutely won many awards.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – This fine Absinthe is distilled in Pontarlier, France using 19th century alambics. Pontarlier is the French home of Absinthe, where Pernod Fils first produced it at the turn of the nineteenth century. This is an Absinthe which uses traditional methods and ingredients but with a contemporary twist to suit the palates of today’s generation of Absinthe drinkers.
– Absinthe Roquette 1797 – Named after the horse of the renowned creator of Absinthe, Dr Pierre Ordinaire, this Absinthe is dependant on a genuine recipe of the eighteenth century. It is an endeavor to replicate the true true Absinthe and contains the key ingredients of grande wormwood, anise and fennel, and is distilled in 19th century alambics in Pontarlier.
– Absinthe Duplais – This was the initial verte (green) Absinthe to be legalized in Switzerland and is founded on the 19th century Swiss protocols from a manual by P.Duplais. This Absinthe is distilled in Switzerland, home of Absinthe, at the Kallnacher distillery.
– Absinthe Brevans – Also from the Kallnacher distillery, this Absinthe is termed after another French Absinthe manual writer. It is founded on a recipe from 1897 and its base is an assortment of wine and marc. Marc is the alcohol from fermented pulp that is left after squeezing out the grape juice. Absinthe Brevans contains the herbs and plants used in historical Absinthe production.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This is a traditional Swiss La Bleue from Guadentia Persoz, a distiller in Couvet, Switzerland – home of the famous Dr Pierre Ordinaire. This clear Absinthe is based on a recipe from 1898 including 12 herbs. Gaudentia found this recipe along with an alambic when she moved into her house in Couvet – what a find!
Absinthe Clandestine – This can be a La Bleue clear Absinthe distilled in Couvet by Claude-Alain Bugnon who made bootleg Absinthe prior to legalization in Switzerland. This Absinthe is founded on traditional La Bleue recipes and is made utilizing the typical herbs of wormwood and anise along with alpine herbs and plants.
Tips on how to make Absinthe Classics
You can actually create your own traditional style Absinthe using Absinthe essences which can be utilized by distillers in the Absinthe industry. These Absinthe essences can be found from AbsintheKit.com. These are the essences widely available to buy online:-
– Absinthe Classics – A 280ml bottle of this essence creates 14 bottles of classic green Absinthe containing the very important wormwood.
– Absinthe White – This makes 14 bottles of clear La Bleue style Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange – This makes 14 bottles of an Absinthe with a delicate orange flavor from real orange oil.
– Absinthe 55 – This essence creates a stronger Absinthe made up of 55mg of thujone and so a more bitter taste.
All the essences are created using traditional ingredients and are distilled using carbon dioxide distillation to present a top-quality essence. The essences may also be available in an Absinthe kit which contains a measure and bottle labels.These essences allow you to make Absinthe classics economically and with a real vintage taste.